Cameron Paige

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Bye Bye "Ba Boo"

I made a promise to myself that Cameron's "Ba Boo" (pacifier) would be taken away after she turned two.  She really only used it to soothe herself to sleep and I battled back and forth whether or not to take it from her, but I kept my promise and here is how it went.  I had a lot of advice about "The Paci Fairy", putting them in a Build a Bear, and cutting the tops of them so they wouldn't work.  I ended up doing a combination of two of these strategies.  Cameron really didn't connect with the fairy idea until that fairy turned into Tinker Bell. Her Grammy had sent her a Tinker Bell backpack which I told her if she put her "ba boos" in it that Tinker Bell would take them to the babies who needed them, and would then bring her a surprise.  She was into the idea, but was having a hard time parting.  So, I took a second idea and slit along the seam of the pacifier so it would no longer work. We started on Monday and I had collected 10 pacifiers from all over the house.  I slit the top of two pacifiers a night.  She would test each one to make sure they didn't work before putting them in the back pack and zip it up.  Tinker Bell would take the pacifiers and bring her books, stickers, crayons, and a coloring book throughout the week.  The last night (Friday) I slit the last two pacifiers after her nap and when I handed them to her she tested them and looked at me and said "It's no not working".  I told her we should give them to Tinker Bell and she was okay with giving one to Tinker Bell, but slept with one in her hand. The next night she decided it was okay to get rid of the other.  She did great without them!  I was very surprise and super relieved!  She was thrilled when she woke up in the morning a found her big surprise from Tinker Bell: two of her favorite character dresses, Tinker Bell and Rapunzel.


2 comments:

  1. Super cute photos! Cant believe how much she has grown already! Keep up the good work mom :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't believe how big Cameron is getting. She's so cute!
    Your Mom sent me a picture of Cameron on a tractor - I had to print it and put her up beside Ava & Archer pics in my office. Love you guys!!!

    ReplyDelete